Kingman is a premier location for businesses targeting key industries looking to service a market of over 34 million people in less than a one-day turnaround drive. Kingman offers many competitive advantages and strategic opportunities for healthcare, transportation, manufacturing, aviation, and tourism industries.
City of Kingman Economic Development
It is the mission of the City of Kingman Economic Development team to improve the economy of Kingman and the surrounding areas, create high-paying quality jobs, increase the per-capita income and enhance the quality of life for Kingman residents.
The Kingman Economic Development team works closely with businesses throughout all phases of the development process. We work closely with our partners to provide solutions and ensure your transition to starting, running, expanding, or relocating a business is a success. We are empowered to help you build your business and look forward to doing so.
The City of Kingman Economic Development team is the primary point for business decision makers and site selectors to obtain the expertise and support services necessary to assess the business opportunities in the Kingman region. Our team assists at the municipal level, acting as facilitator and liaison between the client and City, county state agencies, private and public sector, and academia. Our team will also work on your behalf to provide clarification and support for permitting, incentives and tax-related issues.
Kingman is a community of opportunity for commercial, industrial, residential, and tourism development with a dynamic economy, strong labor force, and unmatched living and working environment. To ensure long-term economic vitality and to enhance the overall quality of life, the City of Kingman is developing initiatives to attract and retain businesses, increase visitor travel, create cooperative partnerships, foster employment opportunities, expand the tax base, redevelop the historic business district, and create a vibrant Downtown.
- Sustained funding that supports a collaborative and aggressive economic development program
- A well-educated workforce and talent pipeline with the skills today’s and tomorrow’s employers need
- A diverse employment base made up of employers that pay well, thereby reducing poverty in Kingman
- An energetic entrepreneurial culture
- A successful downtown that serves as a hub for the arts, entertainment, tourism and community activities
- A community where people want to live, and visitors want to return
- Recognition of Kingman as the center of outdoor recreation in Northern Arizona
- State and Reginal Recognition of Kingman as an Industrial and Distribution Hub for the West Coast
- Stabilize and grow exiting funding sources, Grant opportunities and new funding sources towards building vital community infrastructure.
- Develop an Airport that supports local and regional economic goals while providing the flexibility for new opportunities and shifts in development patterns